If you a looking for a quick and easy healthy meal idea that the kids will love then this Kid Friendly Tuna Pasta Recipe is perfect!
This yummy creamy tuna pasta recipe is another one of my girls’ favourite recipes that has never let me down throughout the years.
I first made this recipe when the girls were toddlers as one of them was super fussy and it was difficult to get her to eat.
Fast forward 12 years and as even as teenagers they still love this recipe and never complain no matter how often we serve this (as teens they complain a lot!).
Some of the other reasons that It has become a regular in our house are because it’s…
- Healthy – it’s packed with colourful veg!
- Uses store cupboard items
- Good for your budget – all the ingredients are very cheap
- So quick and easy to make.
- The kids always ask for seconds
My kind of recipe! 🙂
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which I think you may find useful – any purchases made via these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep the blog up and running.
Kid Friendly Tuna Pasta
- 1 150g tin Tuna (in water)
- 500 grams Pasta (fusilli, penne or pasta bows)
- 1 tin Sweetcorn
- 200 grams Cream Cheese
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Red Or Yellow Pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- Extra Fresh Vegetables (optional)
- Put pasta in a large pan with water and cook as per instructions on the pack
- Chop onions and peppers
- With a little olive oil lightly saute onions for a couple of minutes
- Then add peppers and sweetcorn – plus any extra veg (*see variation below) and cook for a further 5 minutes (tip – if you are cooking fresh veg such as green beans you may need to boil them a little first)
- Stir in tuna
- Add cream cheese and warm through
- Drain cooked pasta and add to tuna mixture
- Season with a little salt and pepper (optional)
- Stir and warm through for a couple more minutes
Optional: Extra VeggiesFeel free to throw in any additional veg you have lurking in the fridge or in the freezer – I tend to throw in things like peas, broccoli or green beans to bulk it up and get extra veggies into the dish. The more you throw in the more colourful and yummy it gets!
Kids Tuna Pasta Recipe Variation
Tips When Making Kid-Friendly Tuna Pasta
And it is as easy as that! You can get dinner on the table in under 15 minutes and normally there is the bonus of the kids saying “Please may I have some more” (well that’s what my kids say at least).
Another idea is to actually get the kids to help you to make this. Even though it’s really yummy kids can be quite suspicious of trying new things.
So if they have made it themselves and know what is going into it they are twice as likely to eat it (I have a very finicky daughter and this helps a lot when trying new things).
Let me know what you think 🙂
Here are a few more of my Kid Friendly Recipes:
Smoothies For Kids – 21 Of The Best Healthy & Child-Friendly Smoothies
Healthy Peanut Butter & Banana Cookies – Easy Recipe For Kids To Cook
Pepernoten – Mini Dutch Spiced Cookies – Great To Make With The Kids
Easy Tropical Fruit Popsicles – Keep Your Family Cool & Squeeze In Extra Vitamins!
If you would like to see more easy recipe posts then make sure you sign up for the Happy Home In Holland Newsletter, which will keep you up to date with all my latest posts, freebies, offers, and news from the blog.
14 thoughts on “Easy Tuna Pasta Recipe – Kids’ Favourite”
Yum! This looks delicious! THe cream cheese sounds like a perfect addition! I don't think I've had anything like this that included cream cheese! Must try this! Pinning 🙂
Thanks for pinning! It is very tasty with the cream cheese, I make loads of different versions of this depending what I have in the cupboard. Chicken is also really nice as an alternative to the tuna.
I think my nieces and nephews would love this dish. I'm trying it next time they come over.
I hope they enjoy it! 🙂