Do you want to know how to make delicious smoothies for kids? These fun (and healthy) kid-friendly smoothies are such a great way to sneak extra fruit and veg into your little ones’ diets. With so many possible combinations it’s always possible to find one to include your children’s favourite foods and adapt recipes to suit their personal preferences.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which I think you may find useful – any purchases made via these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep the blog up and running.
Who likes smoothies? Everyone right?
I know I do and my girls are also huge fans.
My kids love experimenting and making their own smoothies. In fact, I pretty much give them a free run of the kitchen.
We always have the basics in the house such as fresh fruit and yoghurt and we also always have loads of bags of frozen fruit that I tend to pick up when they are on offer.
It’s quite good that the girls are getting older now (8 & 11 years old) as I can trust them to make them on their own (I do remain in the general vicinity though).
I think every child is different but I think I can trust them because they have always helped me in the kitchen. They are very responsible and know how to safely handle dangerous equipment such as sharp knives and hand blenders.
They do clean up after themselves (well try to) but that is never quite done to mummy’s standards, so I do end up having to clean rogue spatters and berries that have rolled away under the table.
My eldest daughter is quite fussy with food but you’d be really surprised at how she experiments with making up different recipes and throwing all kinds of ingredients in.
If I were to make it myself she would probably turn her nose up but because she has chosen the ingredients and made it herself she always thinks it is wonderful.
More often than not she will add spinach and loves to try and get her friends to taste it. Most of them are total converts and I find it so funny when the children’s mums say that their kids have been asking them to buy spinach 🙂
I thought it would be fun to find a few more “smoothies for kids” recipe ideas for the girls to try this summer. Once I started looking, I couldn’t believe how many delicious ideas there were out there!
It was not an easy job to choose but I have selected 21 of my favourite kid-friendly smoothie recipes and put them into a round-up to share with you guys.
Best Smoothies For Kids Recipe Round-Up
We’ll start the best smoothies for kids round-up with one of my daughter’s
concoctions . . . er I mean recipes 🙂
Since I was writing this post I challenged her to make the most fun and yummiest smoothie that she could.
Of course, she jumped at the chance to go a bit wild and have some fun in the kitchen.
Super Slurpy Kids Smoothie
- 1 banana
- 6 strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 orange
- 2 small blocks frozen spinach
- ½ cup half fat plain yoghurt
- 1 tsp honey
- put all the soft ingredients (banana, fresh strawberries, orange, yoghurt & honey) into a container and blend (we use a hand-held stick blender)
- add the frozen spinach (if you are using frozen strawberries add them now) and blend until smooth
- pour into a glass and decorate with fruit and pretty straws 🙂
This is a good basic smoothie recipe that you can easily adapt, just add or take away ingredients to suit your own taste.
Now onto the rest of the kid-friendly smoothie round-up …
Easy As 1,2,3!
If you are looking for super quick and easy smoothie recipes then these ones are for you. Using only a few ingredients that you probably already have, you can quickly whizz these up for a speedy breakfast or quick after-school snack.
1. Grace @ Amazing Eats – this watermelon and raspberry smoothie – sounds so refreshing!
Watermelon & Raspberry Smoothie Recipe
2. Monica @ Nourish & Fete – This one has a lovely creamy flavour!
Wholesome Banana Almond Milk Smoothie
3. Ginny @ Vegan In The Freezer – Great if you want an easy dairy-free recipe.
Dairy-Free Strawberry Smoothie
4. Lisa @ Kenarry Ideas For The Home – You can’t beat the classics! – my kids love this simple combo
How to Make a Classic Strawberry Banana Smoothie
Fun & Funky Smoothie Recipes
As if smoothies are not fun enough already . . . . these ideas are so cute!
5. Grace @ Eats Amazing – This one is so fun and my daughter said she is going to have a go at recreating this.
Healthy Smoothie Freakshake Recipe for Kids
6. Claire @ Foodiequine – I know it’s not easter at the moment but these little bunny bottles are so cute!
7. Grace @ Eats Amazing – I love the minions! Click to see how else you can serve this recipe.
One Simple Smoothie Recipe – Served 3 Ways!
8. Jennifer @ Smart Fun DIY – You can really have a lot of fun making these smoothie bowls! I had never even heard of smoothie bowls until now (I am always the last to cotton on to new trends and ideas) but I’ve started seeing them all over the place now (I’ll share some of my favourites with you another time).
Kids Smoothie Bowl Recipe with Funny Faces | Smart Fun DIY
Sooo . . . Delicious!
The ingredient combinations on these smoothie recipes sound too good not to try . . .
9. Terri @ Food Meanderings – I would never have thought of putting this ingredient combination together but it looks so unbelievably good!
Healthy Raspberry Gingerbread Smoothie
10. Tiffany @ Living Sweet Moments – Mangos are at the top of the list of my girls’ favourite fruits and I think this one would be an absolute winner!
11. Jenn @ Peas & Crayons – Ooo I love sneaky! The easy way to get your kids to eat carrots!
Tropical Pineapple Carrot Smoothie
12. Jenn @ Peas & Crayons – Another one from Jenn, she has such fab smoothie recipes and I had to include this one too. How pretty is this one – I love the gorgeous vibrant colours!
Cranberry Mango Layered Smoothie
Kid-Friendly Healthy Smoothie Recipes
It can sometimes be a struggle getting your five a day into kids but with these easy and delicious healthy options, you will get there in no time.
13. Sarah @ Ruffles & Rainboots – A really yummy healthy option, packed with all the good stuff!
Kid-Approved Blueberry Green Smoothie
14. Sarah @ Ruffles & Rainboots – Another one from Sarah, I love the fact that all her smoothies for kids are mega-healthy and packed with vitamins.
A Delicious (and Oh-So-Tasty) Green Smoothie the Kids Love!
15. Annie @ Vegannie – Yes, can you believe it …. the words chocolate, peanut butter and healthy all in the same sentence! Annie says this one tastes like a delicious “decadent milkshake” but is super good for you with the hidden greens.
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
16. Richa @ My Food Story – This healthy vegan smoothie looks and sounds delicious – am definitely going to try this one!
Healthy Vegan Frozen Peach Mango Smoothie – My Food Story
These berry smoothie recipes look so good and are bursting with vitamins to keep your kids healthy!
17. Lisa @ Fun Money Mom – I always love Lisa’s recipes! She always has such great ideas and her presentation ideas are really fab – the kids won’t be able to resist!
Triple Berry Breakfast Smoothie
18. Erin @ Texanerin – This blueberry smoothie recipe is great if you have diet restrictions, it’s vegan, grain-free and gluten-free!
19. MJ @ What MJ Loves – When your little ones are feeling a bit under the weather and not really wanting to eat much this delicious child-friendly smoothie will help soothe their tummies and help boost their vitamin intake.
20. Kim @ Two Kids And A Coupon – This one sounds delicious and contains a little bit of something extra to boost your kids’ immune system.
Phew! That’s a lot of smoothies!
We are definitely going to be trying out a lot of these throughout the summer.
What about you? Which one do you like the sound of?
Please do let me know if you actually try any of these yummy smoothies for kids recipes as I would love to hear which ones are your favourites.
Oh … and be sure to save and pin this one so you can keep all these wonderful recipe links handy for later.
Here are a few more fun food ideas that kids can make themselves:
If you would like to see more recipes or easy budget DIY craft posts then make sure you sign up for the Happy Home In Holland Newsletter, which will keep you up to date with all my latest posts, freebies, offers and news from the blog.
14 thoughts on “Smoothies For Kids! The Best Healthy Kid Friendly Recipes”
Neat ideas! Smoothies are always a good option to sneak vegetables hehe. Love that you decorate according to a theme, work well with kids. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks, That’s exactly the reasons that I picked these recipes for the roundup. The kid-friendly ingredient combos and the super fun ideas that these ladies have shared are fantastic 🙂
All of these look and sound so yummy! They are great for all, not just for kids! I love smoothies!
Yes I always make sure I make a bit extra so I can share a glass too!
I’m definately showing this to my picky eater of a son! How fun to try these out.
Yes, they really are great for picky eaters – my daughter can be a nightmare when it comes to food but she really gets adventurous when it comes to experimenting with smoothies.
We love smoothies here. Saving this to try! Thanks for sharing.
Yes these ladies recipes are certainly worth trying – they all sound delicious.
I love that you can “sneak” fruits and
Veggies in the smoothies. My daughter thinks it is a treat and I know she is getting something good for her. Thanks for the reminder! I will have to try your recipe.
ha ha, yes, I like sneaky too 🙂
That was an awesome list of smoothie recipes! I liked the idea of letting kids choose the ingredients. All of them look so mouth-watering and I will definitely try making a few of them 🙂
Yes, it really helps if the kids think they are in charge. We are working our way through the list too. 🙂
I will be trying this with my daughter. She loves smoothies and I’m always looking for new recipes!
Yes me too, it’s great that the kids love them.