Quick and easy DIY beach themed decor idea using an old pin board and your favourite sea shells.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which I think you may find useful – any purchases made via these links provides a small commission to me at no extra cost to you. This helps me keep the blog up and running.
Do you like to bring a coastal feel to your home decor in the summer?
I certainly do. I love changing things around from season to season just to freshen things up.
This simple DIY beach themed decor idea is very easy to do.
I think it looks rather effective and can help bring a touch of the coastal beach style into your home during the summer months.
DIY Coastal Decor Wall Art
What You Need To Make This DIY Beach Themed Decor Project:
- Cork pin board
- Natural looking fabric or paper to cover cork (burlap is a good idea)
- Pin board pins
- Faux Leather Suede Cord, ribbon or twine
- Mini Willow Wreaths
- White spray paint
- Glue gun or Extra Strong Glue Dots
- Sea shells or other natural bits and bobs
Instructions To Make Sea Shell Wall Art:
- Either remove and cover your cork section of your pin board and paint white (I used spray paint)
- Spray paint your little willow wreaths and allow to dry.
- Cut your fabric or paper a little bit bigger than the exposed cork area (I used a piece of the roller blind that I had left over from my mod podge photo transfer projects), make sure you make it a little bit bigger.
- Now put the piece of material or paper on top of the cork and tuck the edges under the wooden frame of the pinboard.
- When the wreaths are dry use either your hot glue gun or extra strong glue dots to attach your shells to the mini wreaths (regular ones don’t work – I tried them first and the shells fell off after a few hours)
- Push your 3 pins into the top of the pin board
- Cut your lengths of string or cord
- To attach the cord to the mini wreath fold it in half, thread it through the middle of the wreath and feed the two cord ends through the loop and pull tight (if that makes sense).
- Work out where you want each mini wreath to sit (I staggered mine), tie a knot and trim any excess twine or cord.
- Then simply hang them on your pin board.
See, I told you it was easy and I think that it also can be adapted to suit different seasons – think leaves and seeds and things in the autumn and stars or Christmas tree foliage at Christmas etc.
With this one, I may yet add some stencilled words to jazz it up a bit but I need to have a bit of a think about it.
What do you think? Any Ideas?
If you liked this post and are interested in more Home Decor, DIY & Craft posts then make sure you sign up for the Happy Home In Holland Newsletter, which will keep you up to date with all my latest posts, freebies and news from the blog.
If you are not already a subscriber you can sign up for my newsletter here —> Yes, I would like to receive all the latest ideas, news and freebies from A Happy Home In Holland
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE …