Healthy – it’s packed with veg!
Uses store cupboard items
Good for your budget – all the ingredients are very cheap!
So quick and easy to make
The kids always ask for seconds 🙂
My kind of recipe!
- 1 x 150g tin of tuna (in water)
- 1 x 500g pasta (fusilli, penne or pasta bows)
- 1 x tin of sweet corn
- 1 x 200g of cream cheese
- 1 x red onion
- 1 x red or yellow pepper
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
Feel free to throw in any additional veg you have lurking in the fridge or in the freezer – I tend to throw in things like peas, broccoli or green beans to bulk it up and get extra veggies into the dish.
For another slight variation to the recipe you can also add a 240g can of tinned tomatoes (I often do this)
1. Put pasta in a large pan with water and cook as per instructions on pack
2. Chop onions and peppers
3. With a little olive oil lightly saute onions for a couple of minutes
4. Then add peppers and sweetcorn – plus any extra veg* and cook for a further 5 minutes
* if you are cooking fresh veg such as green beans you may need to boil them a little first*
5. Stir in tuna
6. Add cream cheese and warm through
7. Drain cooked pasta and add to tuna mixture
8. Season with a little salt and pepper (*optional*)
9. Stir and warm through for a couple more minutes
10. Enjoy 🙂
Please may I have some more!!! (at least that’s what my kids say!)
Let me know what you think! 🙂
I have heaps more delicious children friendly recipes that I plan to share with you all.
Make sure you don’t miss anything!